With an edge-lit Fabric Light Box, almost anything is possible!
They can be provided in huge sizes for display in larger areas. Heights up to 5 metres are possible, and the width is limited only by the space available. Dimensions up to 40 and even 50 metres are used worldwide in airports and shopping centres, and we can help you get best use of every bit of space possible.
Edge-lit frames are illuminated by high-powered yet low-voltage LED strips, with an in-built heat reduction system to protect the fabric displayed. Each individual LED has an optical lens for uniform light distribution, ensuring no part of the display is either brighter or darker than another.
Edge-lit frames are available in both single-sided and double-sided options. Single-sided suits are suitable for a wall-mounted Fabric Light Box. The double-sided option opens up even more possibilities, as it can be free-standing or suspended from a ceiling. It allows either the same message to be displayed on both sides or else allows two different messages to be shown at once.
The frame can be supplied in any RAL colour desired, if required to match corporate colours, décor, or any other consideration.
Examples of Edge-lit Fabric Light Boxes
Double-sided, 100mm deep
This is a double-sided 100mm deep profile, onto which a printed fabric can be fitted on both facings. It is usually fitted with edge-lit high-powered LEDs on one edge for smaller frames, or opposing edges for larger sizes. Typically these displays can be up to 3 metres high, and by any length.
By using an alternate internal lighting LED curtain arrangement, we can also provide these displays up to 5 meters high, and again by any length – all with just a single piece of fabric on each side.
Single-sided, 120mm deep
A single-sided 120mm deep profile is particularly suited for wall mounting. It is fitted with edge-lit high-powered LEDs on one edge for smaller frames, or opposing edges for larger frames. This is effective for sizes up to 3 metres high, by any length.
For larger sizes of up to 5 meters high by any length, we can use a different lighting arrangement, where LEDs are mounted on internal frame stabilizer bars. And still, just a single piece of printed fabric is needed, no matter how big the display gets!
If the wall onto which the frame being mounted is not white or otherwise bright, we recommend the addition of a ‘Theatre Block’ reflective white fabric at the rear of the frame. This will maximise the power of the light through the printed fabric display.
Benefits of an Edge-lit Fabric Light Box
An Edge-lit Fabric Light Box has several advantages over other display solutions, including:
- Versatility – The message displayed can easily be changed as often as required, with no specialist fitting skills required.
- Visibility – A large Fabric Light Box illuminated by such high-powered LEDs is sure to grab the attention of all passers-by!
- Portability – Edge-lit frames are lightweight and easily assembled and disassembled, meaning it is easy to move them from one location to another.
- Endless potential – An edge-lit frame can be custom-made to fit any space available, ensuring the message is as attention-grabbing as possible.
- Storage and care – Fabric is easy to care for and clean as the need arises, as is also easier to store than other media such as paper or card.
- More on show – More of the message and less of the frame is seen, thanks to the silicone edge on the reverse of the fabric.